Past projects include:
The Halton-Peel BioDiversity Network (HPBDN). Originally a P.O.W.E.R. initiative, the network continues today as a Biodiversity Views Ontario program. Check them out on facebook today!
Engaging Youth in the Environment for Sustainability (E.Y.E.S.) This project’s components included ‘Future Forests’ plantings, half day projects for youth and community, and outdoor education and training for Grade 10 students in Halton Hills, as well as networking and capacity-building for community participants.
Source: Acton’s ‘The New Tanner’, Nov 2005
Past ‘Future Forest’ planting sites include:
- Fairy Lake Acton , behind the Legion
- Georgetown South Community Park, along 16 mile creek
- Niagara Escarpment, Silvercreek CA, 8th line, east side just before the valley
- Silvercreek, 27th side road, just before the bridge over the creek on the south side
- Silvercreek, 27th side road, on the other side of the road
- Silvercreek, 27th side road, the east field
- 7. East wall site, accessed from Claybank road which runs along the south of Silverceek CA Terra Cotta CA – former group campground
- Terra Cotta CA – trails restoration next to the former group campground
- Acton Arena
- Hungry Hollow Ravine